Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Standing among Giants!

    That's what I felt like today! It was the Zone Leader "consejo". It is the day all the zone leaders from all over the mission come here to the mission office for training and to plan the next zone conference. They start arriving early in the morning, and soon the office is just busy and bustling with over 20 missionaries who love the gospel, are so excited that they are here, and have leadership just dripping from them.

    They greet each other with the all too familiar missionary hug and "tap-tap" on the shoulder. They have smiles that cover their face as they see old companions and renew their friendships. They spend the day with the President and the Assistants, being fed and filled with spiritual renewal.

    I had to deliver some medications to several of them to take back to their zones. As I did this the President had them stand and give me an ovation of clapping and cheers for my service. The tears just filled my eyes as I felt their love and appreciation for my service. I stood so humbly surrounded by this wall of giants. Giants in the mission. Giants to the other missionaries. Giants to the members and investigators, and Giants to the Lord.

2 comments:

MikesDork said...

You deserve an ovation with the wake you up phone calls and all that you do! I am sure that they think you are a giant too!

Deb-t said...

What a fantastic feeling that must have been! It's always nice to be appreciated for your hard work and efforts. You are doing an amazing job in Argentina. Keep the faith and we love you!