Friday, July 10, 2009

A Coincidence?

A Coincidence?

Last night we had a movie night with the Jarvis's. As we entered into our apartment it was cold. Steve checked the thermostat, turned it up—the heater did not come on. It also heats our water. We turned on the water, no hot water. He fiddled around with it for about 15 minutes, still didn't work. I was getting prepared for a cold night in the apartment and maybe no shower in the morning unless I wanted to freeze.

I was kneeling waiting for Steve to come and join me, and it was cold!!! It was my turn to say the bedtime prayer. I just quickly said the prayer, and said, "Please help our heater to work so we can be warm tonight." Then I jumped in to bed as quickly as I could and pulled the blankets up around me. As Steve got into bed, we heard a sound; it was the heater turning on. Amazing! Coincidence? Steve quickly said, "Wow, we're going to have you say all the prayers. How 'bout praying for a million dollars."

He does hear and answer prayers!

2 comments:

MikesDork said...

Wow.... I am glad that you did not have to freeze all night! Sometimes I think that Heavenly Father answers our little desires quickly, to remind us that he is ALWAYS there!

Deb-t said...

Sometimes I forget that you are all backwards down south! Just when we are heading into the dead of Summer, you are getting the chills of Winter!
Well, Sue...I'm sure you've offered many a prayer with oodles of Faith behind it that have worked. I've seen a few myself from you. Glad you've been able to stay warm!