Monday, July 6, 2009

Don’t Shake Hands!

That was the announcement from the stand at Church today. "Pretend you are in Japan. When you greet someone, just bow to them. No hugs, kisses, or handshakes." This is very hard down here where everyone gives a big hug, kisses on the cheeks, and hearty handshakes. Church for the next three weeks will be shortened to just Sacrament meeting to limit exposure to the flu. One of the young men stood at the door of the chapel and put hand gel in everyone's hands as they cam e in the door. Not many are wearing masks at this point, but it probably is not a bad idea. So far we have not been affected. I keep eating an orange a day and keep praying the flu stays away.

2 comments:

Deb-t said...

Wow...really?! I guess you do what it takes to stay healthy. Let me know if you need me to send down masks or hand sanitizers for you!!!!

Tracy said...

I suppose there is a reason that my Mission President's wife told all missionaries to cary a bottle of hand sanitizer with them and to use it after often all day. I hope things get better, pretty soon everyone should have had it and then all will be immune, right? You are a grat blessing to those missionaries.