Sunday, September 29, 2013

It's Only 2 Minutes, but . . !.


IT’S ONLY TWO MINUTES, BUT . . .

  . . . on the Lake, the Sister in the tower calls for “2 minutes of silence”.  Oars are placed across the canoes, talking is stopped , heads are bowed, and it is quiet.  One might think it is a waste of time.  Just let them have fun in their canoes.  But a miracle is happening on the water:  Eyes are seeing.  Ears are hearing.  Hearts are being touched, and the Spirit is whispering  to souls. 

 Here are a few entries written by the girls and leaders in the Lake Journals:


“This was amazing!  I never knew how pretty nature was.  Just sitting in the water and to be able to look and watch in silence.  It was truly amazing.  This was such a great place and I appreciate your kindness.  I would just like to bare my testimony that I know this Church is true.  Being here has made me grateful for nature even more.  I love Heavenly Father.  Sydnie”

 “I had such an amazing experience while we had our two minutes of silence, and when we sang the song, I seriously burst into tears because I know my Heavenly Father created this world for us to enjoy and be safe and  not ruin it. I love being a Mormon and I love Heber Valley Camp.  Thank you guys so much, and President Hinckley.”
 
 
 
 “During the quiet time I looked into the water and saw I had a halo of light around me. It reminded me that I am a daughter of a King and it reminded me of my worth.  I felt peace. Falicia.”
 
“As we had the quiet time, I looked around at all of the amazing creations God has given me.  I thought, He has given me so much that is so beautiful, and I need to repay Him with kindness towards others, not jealousy anger.  Thank you for providing a place I could feel the spirit and peace.  Diantha”

 I pray that as we missionaries leave the mountain, that we can find time each day to have “2 minutes of silence” so that our eyes can see, our ears can hear, and that the Spirit can touch our souls.

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I think I need to incorporate 2minutes of silence into my days. :)