Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What Really Matters!

There are no pictures with this blog, just some of my feelings and thoughts. Sometimes in life you have something happen to you that makes you step back and just look at things and think a bit about what life is all about.
With the recent illness and sickness of my grandaughter, Jordan, I have had moments that have made me realize what is really important in this life. Life is all about relationships--with those I live with, with those that are my friends, with my neighbors, with those I meet on the street or the store. It is about my relationship with Heavenly Father.
One of the only thing that I will take me when I leave this life, is the relationships that I have made with others. Those bonds of love and friendship will be with me always. It doesn't matter how much money I made, or great wordly accomplishments. It just doesn't matter what color my hair is, or how many dresses I have in my closet.
It does matter how I have loved and shared myself with those around me. It matters how I speak to and treat others. It does matter that I say I love you, and thank you, and please. It does matter if I spend the time to know and love my Heavenly Father.
This special time watching Jordan go through this terrile trial, has made me stand in awe of her strengths and her courage. It has made me realize how fragile life is. That it is a gift from God. There is no way to know when my time here on Earth will be over. I so need to love and live each day to the best.
I am so thankful that I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. That there is a purpose to life, and that there is a life after death. As I think about all this, and the trials that are here, it makes the Plan more clear. I just pray that I can face the challenges that will be ahead of me with as much patience, courage, and faith as Jordan has.

3 comments:

MikesDork said...

It is so true. Thanks for the thoughts

Farm Girl said...

I feel the same way. Watching her go through the last couple of weeks has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and she has amazed everyone around her at how strong she is. It has been a HUGE eye opener to what matters most...and an extreme presentation of the kind of blessings we don't even realize we're given until after they're all done.

Anonymous said...

Very nicely said. Thank you! Love you both! Brenda