Wednesday, October 27, 2010

He Blessed US!

Once in a while a special thing happens! For the past four years Steve and I have dreamed of changes and improvements we would like to make to our home. Our home is an old home and so many things were on our dream list! The task of taking this all was overwhelming and the list endless. Our front porch was old, crumbling, falling apart. This is the new version, almost finished. We were blessed to have an extra pair of hands to help with this project.
My brother, Kumen, came and stayed with us for two weeks. During the time he was here, he completely re-roofed our garage, and then constructed the new porch for us. Having him here was a blessing and a special time for me to get to know my brother. So glad we did this!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm glad you had the chance to have him come. Does he look anything like Grandpa? I wasn't around Grandpa Herbert much, but when I looked at the picture Kumen reminded me of him (a little more rugged of course).

MikesDork said...

how fun to have your brother help out! Hopefully you had some time to visit in between all his working!