Thursday, April 1, 2010

How Big is Jesus Christ?

It is Easter time. A time to think of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We took a drive to a beautiful valley of Valley De Uco with the snow capped Andes mountain range in the background. There on the top of a hill overlooking the valley was a magnificent statue of Christ with His arms outstretched blessing and protecting the valley. As we approached, I could not help but think, "How big is Christ?" "How big is Christ in my life?"



The statue is about 50 feet or more high. Here He stands in comparison with the Elders who were on our trip. I could not but think, "I am very little and small in the sight of God, He has many, many people to love and care about."




But even though my picture is sideways, I looked up at those big arms and thought,"They are big enough to surround and hold me in His love. I have so felt those big arms around me here on our mission. At those times when I so pleaded for His help, He was there, and will always be there.



The marks of the nails were in His hands as a reminder of all that He gave for me. And here He stands as a reminder of the resurrected Lord .
I am so blessed to be here this Easter in a country that is not ashamed to display the Christ for all to see. He is special, and no one worries about Him offending others. He is worshipped.

How big is Christ? I don't know , but I do know His love is big enough to atone for all of us.

I love Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Thank you for sharing a bit of your testimony.

Deb-t said...

Wow, that statue is really magnificent! Thank you for sharing your message. It allowed me to look at my life and really think about how big I prioritize Christ in my life. I think I need to stand a little taller! Love you.

MikesDork said...

Thanks for sharing.... I often think about that too! It reminds me of the Christus statues in the visitors centers and how big they are!