Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Un Milagro!! (A Miracle!!)


If there could be one thing that could happen that would be the worst, what would it be? Well, losing the Mision Nurse’s cell phone would be close to the top. There must be at least 20-30 calls a day.
Today as I arrived back from a Dr’s office visit with one of the Elders who fractured his “pinky” finger playing American football, I was very excited as the Dad of our Elder who fractured his back was at the office just getting ready to take his son to do some touring. I jumped out of the car and ran to say hello and introduce myself.
After a big hug and thank you’s, I went into the office. I checked my pocket. No phone. I checked my purse, no phone. I had Steve call my phone, no answer. Humm! Perhaps I have dropped it in the car. I hurried out to the car and searched under, and around all the seats. No phone. I hurried out to the sidewalk, and looked up and down the street. I checked the seccia (the ditch). No phone. I guess it has been picked up. In fact two people across the street said they saw the garbage men pick it up.
Very sadly I walked back to my office and told Sister Jarvis and my husband that my phone was gone. I did not know it at the time, but Sister Jarvis quickly gathered three of the Elders and said, “Let’s get down on our knees and ask the Lord to somehow let the person who has the phone know how important it is and that we need it back." So they knelt and prayed.
Several hours later, a phone call came from Hermana Hunt. “I found your phone.” You what? “I found your phone. I called Hermana Brown on the phone and these people answered. I asked them who they were and I told them that this phone belonged to our mission nurse and it was so important and we needed it back. They gave me their address and we can go pick it up.” The phone is now back in my pocket. Steve says it should be tied around my neck.
Milagro!!! (Miracle)
God does answer prayers, and He does love the missionaries and missionary work. What a lesson to me to always kneel and pray and call down the power of God. He is a God of Miracles.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

What a wonderful story and experience.

MikesDork said...

Thanks for sharing! He is watching over you!

Farm Girl said...

i love reading about all your miracles, and the faith that creates them. you guys are truly an inspiration and a great example to all of us. we love & miss you.

Deb-t said...

Interesting thing to compare: cell phones and prayer. Isn't that the talk you gave at Jade's baptism? The ways we communicate are quite amazing...What a wonderful story and I'm so glad you got your phone back. (I'm glad I got my computer back!)