Friday, June 19, 2009

And Angels Watch Over Them Night and Day!

    Sometimes you may wonder when you say your prayers and you routinely say, "And please bless the missionaries all over the world", whether God really hears your prayers. Is He really blessing them? Every morning and every night Steve and I kneel and always include the welfare of the missionaries. I know with all my heart that He does hear our prayers. This morning my phone rang at about 02:30. That is never a good sign. It was Sister Warren from the group of Sisters in a community, San Luis, about 3 ½ hours from here. She is one of those young women that is always having a crisis in her life and has a tendency to exaggerate. So when she said, "I feel so sick, everyone is sick, we're all throwing up, and we have diarrhea", I took this in stride. My thoughts were, "They probably ate at a member's house, got some bad food, and they're having an acute attack of food poisoning. " When I asked who was throwing up, she said," Well, no one actually has, but I am feeling so bad, you better talk to my companion." The phone was then passed to the companion. She was having a splitting headache and said the other three were also. She mentioned, "Isn't it strange that we are all sick, all at the same time. Could this be caused by gas?"

A light went on in my head. Yes, it could. Of course! The symptoms; headache, dizziness, and nausea. It fits. Hurry, open your windows, was my command. Let's check with the ER and see what they recommend. The only phone number I had was the one for the ER here in Mendoza. The Sister called the number, and they said to call a local ambulance. Dial #911. OK, I had been told 911 didn't work, but let's give it a try. Within 10 minutes the ambulance was there. The Sisters were on their way to the hospital. The care they received there was great, and they are all doing fine!,

    Looking back, here are the Angel interventions:

  1. Most missionaries call me in the morning and let me know they have been sick all night, and choose to tough it out, or just don't want to call and disturb anyone. Some angel prompted this Sister to pick up the phone and make that emergency call.
  2. Some angel prompted the other Sister to think clearly enough to question, "Could it be gas?"
  3. Another angel made the 911 # work, when everyone has told us it just doesn't work down here.
  4. This small community had an ambulance service that responded likety split.
  5. This very antiquated hospital had staff waiting their arrival and gave them immediate treatment.

Yes, there are angels watching over our missionaries here in Argentina, and everywhere, all over the world.

2 comments:

MikesDork said...

Thanks for sharing! I am glad to know that Heavenly Father hears and answers everyones prayers! I am sure these young womens parents pray for them every night too!

Deb-t said...

What a wonderful but scary story, altogether. I'm so grateful those sisters were watched over and listened when the spirit prompted them. Can you imagine the parents of these sisters? When they hear of this, I'm sure they will be thanking Heavenly Father, too!